The Sonoma County Public Library Foundation provides funding to ensure equitable access to Sonoma County Library services.
Here are just some of the programs and services we have supported with the money we’ve raised:
For the Sonoma County Library:
- AWE Early Learning Station computers for each of the library branches. Read More
- The Sonoma County Library’s Summer Reading Program, with outreach to children at YMCA camps who otherwise would not be able to participate;
- Sonoma County Reads, a county-wide community reading event; and
- Sonoma County Library Book Discussion Groups, with the purchase of sets of books to be used in the book discussions;
- Born to Read, through distribution of a new hardcover book and library information to each baby born in Sonoma County; and
- Enhancement of the Library’s Spanish-language collection
The Foundation is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation and has been designated a 501(c)(3) organization by the IRS. This means your generous donations are tax deductible.
Managed by the Board of Directors, the Foundation is wholly independent of the Library and its Commission.
Do you love the library and want the next generation to love it as well? Become a board member on the Sonoma County Public Library Foundation. We support the library system as well as other organizations and programs that promote enthusiasm for reading and literacy. Meetings are held once a month and board members serve for two-year terms. Come join a dynamic group! Contact Us.